eXiled Demons
Did you vote in the top100 today?

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

eXiled Demons
Did you vote in the top100 today?
eXiled Demons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CP Review 5/28/11

3 posters

Go down

CP Review 5/28/11 Empty CP Review 5/28/11

Post  eXD JIGSajW Sat May 28, 2011 6:22 am

Hello eXD FAM Smile JIGSajW here,

I would like to add something new to forums simply titled "CheckPoint Reviews" (or C.P for short). Its where i and a group of my good friends from eXD) would post a review when ever we have time out of our schedule (so maybe once a week). And the reviews are about everything we can think of, ranging from movies to old games, new games and even some random products. Hopefully i can keep up with this as long as possible. With the help of Aliquem i know this can last a while Very Happy

NOTE: Everything i say is soley based on my opinion and sorry in advance if you get offended lol.

Now for my first review its on a pretty old game but a classic one....Smile

CP Review 5/28/11 Gfhgfhlsmall

Mega Man 8
(Full Review)

(PS1)

CP Review 5/28/11 Megaman8boxart

Console(s):
PlayStation
Sega Saturn

Release Date:
January 1997

Developer
Capcom

Genre(s)
Adventure
Plat Former
Side Scroller

Rating:
E (Everyone)

Hours Played:
30+ Hours(?)

Players:

Story:
If your familiar with the past 7 Mega Man games then you know the drill. Dr.willy builds 8 master robots to take over the world and its up to you, Mega Man, to stop him...nothing new.

CP Review 5/28/11 Mmh_megaman8aCP Review 5/28/11 Mmh_megaman8b

Gameplay & Visuals:
First the controls. The controls are very basic and familiar to any Mega Man fan so nothing to worry about if you want to just jump right in and experience this fantastic game. Now most Mega Man fans don't really like this game because one of the things that made the franchise sooo famous changed. The game is awfully slow but not too slow to feel boring and after a while maybe for the first hour you will get used to it, trust me it'll feel as challenging as the other past Mega Man games. Also since the game is slow the enemy A.I is more accurate when they shoot projectiles at you but easier to kill since they are slow as you but still a challenge when a horde of enemy's attack at once. One more thing to add, far as game play, is the power ups and bonus perks that mega man can use to make game play hell-of alot easier. These perks can be purchased with "bolts" (similar to mario's gold coins and links rupees) at the store in the main menu. Such items include the ability to jump higher, a mega plasma beam, wall dash and etc. Pretty damn creative.

CP Review 5/28/11 MegaMan8

While playing you will for the first time see anime cut scenes of the mega man universe and also for the first time hear mega man, and friends, talk....unfortunately.... (more on that later). Also you will experience the feel for each level you pick. The theme for each stage is well done and unique, I know yes other Mega Man games did this too but the levels for the next gen (at the time) were more interactive than the past games right down to the water textures you will notice int he backgrounds, also its considered to be the best looking Mega Man in the series. The boss's, as always, challenging and hard as sh*t like usual so don't let the dumb boss names distract you no matter how lame they might be (get back to that later).

There is one boss in particular i hate....i hate the level all together since its such a pain in the ass....that boss is named Frost Man....seriously F*CK that guy & his COUCH! Evil or Very Mad Hes easy to fight but his level is the devil...Heres a video of his stage that i found so you can see why i hate his level soo much....But the theme music is incredible Smile

Also if you have the Sega Saturn Version of this you get to fight Cut Man (from Mega Man 1) & Wood Man (from Mega Man 2) towards mid way of the game! I say that's a pretty cool cameo to all Mega Man fans and pretty much a bonus gift since CAPCOM celebrated their 10th anniversary of the franchise when the game was released. Overall the game play and visuals is soo underrated and unappreciated no one even mentions it as its even part of the franchise? Show some love and pick this up!

CP Review 5/28/11 SdfdfsdfsdCP Review 5/28/11 Imagesgfhgfh
CP Review 5/28/11 Mega_man_ac_52

Other:
Now i have only 2 complaints with this game. 1st off the voice acting is HORRIBLE! I mean Mega Man sounds younger than hes supposed to be and every other character in this game sounds fine but as a Hardcore Mega Man fan im offended that Mega Man sounds sooo bad and embarrassing....even the TV show from the 90's cartoon sound buffer and more butch by comparison. Now the last thing that's wrong is the GOD FORSAKEN boss names. I mean sword man? search man? Clown Man? Oh dear god please shoot me! Well in every Mega Man game the boss names gets lamer and lamer and wow this time its just unacceptable and you think by now they would've came up with some thing clever or witty but nope...they stop giving a sh*t a long time ago. And if you don't believe me just look at mega man 9 & 10, that came out 2009 and 2010, those names alone already would make you spine tremble....sheep man...Crying or Very sad The last thing i want to cover is the AMAZING musical score that i know every one loves. Say what you want about the game but you can not deny awsomness of the level themes that's loved by many. Even half those mega man fans that frowned upon this game can not ignore the music themes resulting massive iPod and pirated downloads. It even has 8bit remixes of the levels!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Heres is a video to my all time fav theme from the game, Aqua Man's Stage Laughing Laughing Laughing

Gameplay: 8.0
Visuals: 8.0
Presentation: 7.0
Multiplayer: (N/A)
Replay Value: AVERAGE
Learning Curve: VERY LOW

OVERALL - 7.7 (GOOD)

Last edited by eXD JIGSajW on Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:04 pm; edited 25 times in total
eXD JIGSajW
eXD JIGSajW
Citadel
Citadel

Back to top Go down

CP Review 5/28/11 Empty Re: CP Review 5/28/11

Post  candyland251 Sun May 29, 2011 12:11 am

If you take suggestions,

Shadow Madness, PS1. Greatest game evar
candyland251
candyland251
Elite Demons
Elite Demons

https://www.youtube.com/user/candyland251?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  eXD JIGSajW Mon May 30, 2011 12:28 am

candyland251 wrote:If you take suggestions,

Shadow Madness, PS1. Greatest game evar

yeah most def, i have to play it first on my emulator (if i can find it) but yeah man it will be on my list of games to review soon. I promise Smile
eXD JIGSajW
eXD JIGSajW
Citadel
Citadel

Back to top Go down

Post  candyland251 Mon May 30, 2011 2:19 am

Thx and good luck finding it, I've looked for it for years after my copy broke. queen
candyland251
candyland251
Elite Demons
Elite Demons

https://www.youtube.com/user/candyland251?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  eXD Diablo CC Tue May 31, 2011 11:10 am

Moved to upcoming games and reviews
eXD Diablo CC
eXD Diablo CC
Admiral
Admiral

https://www.facebook.com/eXiled.Demons

Back to top Go down

Post  eXD JIGSajW Tue May 31, 2011 3:27 pm

eXD Diablo CC wrote:Moved to upcoming games and reviews

Thx diablo for adding reviews to title cheers Cool now everyone can also add reviews as well to the upcoming games section to get more info about a certain title they might be curious about Smile
eXD JIGSajW
eXD JIGSajW
Citadel
Citadel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down