eXiled Demons
Did you vote in the top100 today?

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

eXiled Demons
Did you vote in the top100 today?
eXiled Demons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A couple of things

3 posters

Go down

A couple of things Empty A couple of things

Post  UGA FaintGlory Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:48 am

Mostly minor though, some minor error with the coding, the main page's theme, and the mission statement is made a picture.

Here are the little things in the code:

1. The list for the Rules of Combat is a <ul> unordered list, and then the person who coded it (from what I here it was Diablo) numbered it. Just use the <ol> and it'll number it for you, or if you'd rather have it unordered, just delete the numbers.

2. The Mission Statement is a picture, and not in <p> paragraph format. That isn't really an error, but I just found that weird. I heard that someone ripped it off before and maybe that is why, but in the future if someone else takes your stuff, they can simply read and type it almost as easily.

3. The doctype for the website is XHTML 1.0 Transitional. I don't know how long your site has been around, but that is only needed if your using html's presentational features. I don't think you are, so if you want to keep it clean just switch the doctype to strict and verify it using the w3 validator, and fix any minor errors I might not have seen.

Another thing I started saying at the beginning, the main page's theme has some problems. Maybe it's just my monitor (1440x900) but the theme is too big for my screen cutting some of the things off, I could always scroll to it but I just thought I should put that out their. Also, the theme is hard to comprehend, is their any chance that you can have someone design a new, easier to understand theme for the website.

Thats all I can think of right now, but if I spot anything else I'll be sure to let you know Smile

UGA FaintGlory

Back to top Go down

A couple of things Empty Re: A couple of things

Post  eXD Diablo CC Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:44 am

yawn...not really problems just your complaints
eXD Diablo CC
eXD Diablo CC
Admiral
Admiral

https://www.facebook.com/eXiled.Demons

Back to top Go down

Post  VS Tyrant Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:56 pm

He said they were minor, and they are problems if you want things to run smoothly. These things make the site easier to use, and in turn make people want to continue to view your site.

I also noticed that the OP only has 4 posts, which might be a result of your reception to a new member's attempt to help. I imagine I will receive the same response from you, or possibly others, for my attempts to help (you have this section for a reason). I hope that wont happen, but that's the precedent you set when you act like that to people. Perhaps that's another good site suggestion.

Either way, not trying to stir anything up here, just giving some ideas.
VS Tyrant
VS Tyrant
Minion
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post  eXD Diablo CC Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:08 am

ok it seems I will have to explain the reasons once again...
1. the list is numbered to help new recruits to remember better if it is attached to a number...Listen to most test and you will hear the person being quizzed say " 2...blah blah, 3 blah blah, etc."
2. the mission statement is an image not because someone was ripping it( could care less), it was made that way because it was from our old address and I took a picture of it to remind me and everyone where we started and how we are going to stay true to what we built. plus I like the font
3. the are preventive measures in place from bad people who want to do harm to eXD and this format works best.
4. if the "theme" is so complicated to understand, point out the flaws

and where are these ideas?
I see you have good intentions, but pick your battles wisely before posting.
eXD Diablo CC
eXD Diablo CC
Admiral
Admiral

https://www.facebook.com/eXiled.Demons

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down